Sleep technologist/Sleep Scientist.
Work will involve 1-2 night shifts and 2-3 day shift a week with flexibility of days available.
Full-time position working approximately 36hrs/week.
PLUS up to 4 weeks annual leave available.
PLUS $1000 relocation assistance.
A modern 3 bed sleep center within a private hospital. We offer patients state-of-the-art access to rapid, caring and professional service in the diagnosis and treatment of common community and hospital referred sleep and respiratory disorders. This will be an excellent opportunity to take on a leadership role in this new and exciting clinic.
Assist the physician in the comprehensive evaluation and treatment of sleep disorders.
Gather and analyze laboratory and portable polysomnography
Provide appropriate treatment with CPAP/BPAP including education and follow-up care.
Have excellent managerial, scoring, interpersonal and teaching skills .
- Appropriate care in the education and treatment of sleep disorder patients.
- Set up lab and portable equipment and prepare patients for sleep studies.
- Implement appropriate medical interventions for sleep disorders.
- Perform maintenance and repairs on equipment as necessary.
- Ensure proper procedures are followed and data collection and interpretation is accurate.
Familiarity with Alice-5 system a definite advantage.
- Must have at least 2 years experience in a sleep lab/center.
- Excellent communication skills and knowledge in order to promote services and communicate with referral sources such as physicians, industry representatives as well as patients.
- Must be computer savvy.
- Customer service mentality and a passion for patient care.
- Provide education in all aspects of sleep care in order to teach new apprentices.
- Have great organizational skills and perform some managerial tasks.
- Be comfortable in marketing services.